SqlDatabase Element (Sql Extension)
- SQL Database
- Windows Installer references
- Component, Fragment, Module, Product
- Inner Text
- Choice of elements (min: 0, max: unbounded)
Name Type Description Required Id String Yes ConfirmOverwrite YesNoType ContinueOnError YesNoType CreateOnInstall YesNoType CreateOnReinstall YesNoType Specifies whether to create the database when the associated component is reinstalled. Setting CreateOnInstall to yes does not imply CreateOnReinstall is set to yes. CreateOnReinstall must be set in addition to CreateOnInstall for it to be created during both install and reinstall. CreateOnUninstall YesNoType Database String The name of the database. The value can be a literal value or derived from a Property element using the Formatted syntax. Yes DropOnInstall YesNoType DropOnReinstall YesNoType Specifies whether to drop the database when the associated component is reinstalled. Setting DropOnInstall to yes does not imply DropOnReinstall is set to yes. DropOnReinstall must be set in addition to DropOnInstall for it to be dropped during both install and reinstall. DropOnUninstall YesNoType Instance String Server String Yes User String
- Nesting SqlDatabase under a Component element will result in a SqlDatabase being installed to the machine as the package is installed.
- Nesting SqlDatabase under Product, Fragment, or Module results in a database "locator" record being created in the SqlDatabase table. This means that the database itself is neither installed nor uninstalled by the MSI package. It does make the database available for referencing from a SqlString or SqlScript record. This allows MSI to install SqlScripts or SqlStrings to already existing databases on the machine. The install will fail if the database does not exist in these cases.
- The User attribute references credentials specified in a User element. If a user is not specified then Windows Authentication will be used by default using the credentials of the user performing the install to execute sql strings, etc.
- See Also
- Sql Schema, User