|Account||String||Fully qualified names must be used even for local accounts, e.g.: ".\LOCAL_ACCOUNT". Valid only when ServiceType is ownProcess.|| |
|Arguments||String||Contains any command line arguments or properties required to run the service.|| |
|Description||String||Sets the description of the service.|| |
|DisplayName||String||This column is the localizable string that user interface programs use to identify the service.|| |
|EraseDescription||YesNoType||Determines whether the existing service description will be ignored. If 'yes', the service description will be null, even if the Description attribute is set.|| |
|ErrorControl||Enumeration||Determines what action should be taken on an error. This attribute's value must be one of the following:|
- Logs the error and continues with the startup operation.
- Logs the error, displays a message box and continues the startup operation.
- Logs the error if it is possible and the system is restarted with the last configuration known to be good. If the last-known-good configuration is being started, the startup operation fails.
|Id||String|| Unique identifier for this service configuration. This value will default to the Name attribute if not specified. || |
|Interactive||YesNoType||Whether or not the service interacts with the desktop.|| |
|LoadOrderGroup||String||The load ordering group that this service should be a part of.|| |
|Name||String||This column is the string that gives the service name to install.||Yes|
|Password||String||The password for the account. Valid only when the account has a password.|| |
|Start||Enumeration||Determines when the service should be started. The Windows Installer does not support boot or system. This attribute's value must be one of the following:|
- The service will start during startup of the system.
- The service will start when the service control manager calls the StartService function.
- The service can no longer be started.
- The service is a device driver that will be started by the operating system boot loader. This value is not currently supported by the Windows Installer.
- The service is a device driver that will be started by the IoInitSystem function. This value is not currently supported by the Windows Installer.
|Type||Enumeration||The Windows Installer does not currently support kernelDriver or systemDriver. This attribute's value must be one of the following:|
- A Win32 service that runs its own process.
- A Win32 service that shares a process.
- A kernel driver service. This value is not currently supported by the Windows Installer.
- A file system driver service. This value is not currently supported by the Windows Installer.
|Vital||YesNoType||The overall install should fail if this service fails to install.|| |