Values of this type represent possible registry roots.
- HKMU: A per-user installation will make the operation occur under HKEY_CURRENT_USER. A per-machine installation will make the operation occur under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
- HKCR: Operation occurs under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT. When using Windows 2000 or later, the installer writes or removes the value from the HKCU\Software\Classes hive during per-user installations. When using Windows 2000 or later operating systems, the installer writes or removes the value from the HKLM\Software\Classes hive during per-machine installations.
- HKCU: Operation occurs under HKEY_CURRENT_USER. It is recommended to set the KeyPath attribute to
yeswhen setting this value for writing values in order to ensure that the installer writes the necessary registry entries when there are multiple users on the same computer.
- HKLM: Operation occurs under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
- HKU: Operation occurs under HKEY_USERS.